Friday, January 6, 2012

Interview with Author Julia Crane:Conflicted


Interview with Author Julia Crane:

I am thrilled to have fantasy 
Author Julia Crane with us today!

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Honestly, it still surprises me. It’s something I always dreamed of as a child. 
What inspired you to write your first book?
My family has strong Irish roots, and my grandmother often told tales that involved elves. I also took a lot of inspiration from my teen daughter and her friends.
Tell me about your book series.
Coexist is a tale of elves and destiny, the struggle between light and dark, and the consequences of war. The sequel, Conflicted, is Keegan's battle to recover her lost identity after the events of the first book, while Rourk struggles to survive without her.
What are you currently working on?
I’m currently working on Consumed the third book in Keegan’s Chronicles. I’m also working on a short story for a Christmas anthology. I have many projects in mind it’s just finding the time to get to them. 
Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?
I’m lucky living in Dubai it’s pretty cheap to travel. We have visited many countries and I love to incorporate the locations into my books. 


Who designed the covers?
I got extremely lucky with the covers. I found Kadri Umbleja on deviantart.com. I can't speak highly enough about her skills. I told her about the book and in minutes she came up with the idea for the design. I had as much say as I wanted, but I didn't need it because what she came up with was perfect. Christine DeMaio-Rice found the perfect font to pull it all together. 





What is your favorite scene in the book?
I really enjoyed the scenes in Conflicted between Thaddeus and Anna. It was fun to see their personalities come out more. 
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Thank You!! I know there are countless books out there. I am honored that you would take your time to read mine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment